How do you maintain the natural beauty of your new flooring? Why is it important to do so?
National Floors Direct wants you to protect your investment—the average cost for replacing a quality hardwood floor can cost you thousands of dollars. You simply can’t afford to let your flooring lose value because of some oversights that can be fixed with some simple tips.
Maintaining the look of your flooring increases the beauty of your entire home, making guests feel more comfortable and at home. It also increases your resale value should you ever decide to sell your home.
Tips to Improve and Maintain the Quality of Your Flooring:
National Floors Direct goes over several things you can do to keep your flooring in the best shape. Whether you have wood flooring, laminate, or carpeting, following some essential care tips can save you a lot of money and heartache over the long run.
1. Keep your flooring away from moisture. Water spills, condensation due to humidity, and other conditions can endanger your flooring health. Use a moisture-detection instrument to see how much moisture may be building up.
2. Avoid salt buildup if you leave on or near the beach. The salt content can quickly erode all types of flooring, and it is also hard to clean from carpet fibers.
3. Vacuum up sand and other debris quickly, so it doesn’t have a chance to stick to carpets. Sweep sand off of wood floors to avoid the abrasive action it can create.
4. Choose good cleaning products that nurture the natural elements of your flooring while cleaning deep down to protect the appearance.
5. For wood floors, use a natural pH cleaner that is absent of harsh abrasives.
6. Use caution when moving furniture around. Scuffs and scratches can quickly occur when moving furniture over your wood or laminate flooring, and such movement can tear carpeting.
7. Strategically place rugs or mats over high traffic areas to avoid lasting damage due to too heavy regular traffic from kids and pets.
8. If you have flooring close to an open window, try to avoid direct sunlight. This can dull the surface of your hardwood floor, reducing the luster.
9. Recoat wood floors to keep them shining like new.
10. Get a professional to tend to your flooring to prevent damage and buy top-quality flooring, to begin with, that is resistant to aging and stains.
National Floors Direct is your go-to company when searching for solutions to maintaining and purchasing top-quality flooring. You can view National Floors Direct reviews online and see what you think, based on other users who have been happy with their outstanding services.
It only takes a moment to contact them to see how they can help. Visit the National Floors Direct website to see their work and see for yourself why people prefer them to keep their flooring beautiful.