Lucidea has just released their Android App for Argus Mobile. It’s a free app, available in the Google Play Store. App setup for users is simple. Users scan a QR code, then log in using the same Login ID and password that they use to access Argus with their web browser.
Argus Mobile is a companion to Lucidea’s Argus Museum Collections Management System. Argus museum and gallery clients can use Argus Mobile to work remotely while roaming galleries or warehouses. It lets museum staff update the Argus database when a collection object is moving to a new location, or returning to its original location, simply by scanning barcodes.
It’s easy to use with your Android device’s camera—just scan, tap, and go. Scan collection object and location barcodes, then tap to set the new location for a single object, or even a collection of objects. You can also indicate location type, such as “temporary” or “permanent” so your database will always be up to date.
Users of the Argus Mobile Android app can:
- Look up an object or box by its barcode, ID, or words from the synopsis or content
- Look up a location by its barcode or ID
- Choose a staff member (“Done By”)
- Choose a location type
- Set a new location for an object or box
- Set an object’s or box’s location to one of its previous locations
- Set an object’s or box’s location to its last permanent location
- Look up the set of objects or boxes at a given location
- Set a new location for one or more objects or boxes at a given location
- Display object or box information
For more information and to download the app, please visit the Google Play Store.
**iPhone users can visit the Apple App store to download their version.
Users can also log in to the Argus Support and Training Portal to download the Barcode Scanning App-For Users Guide.
**If you are a Lucidea customer and you do not have a Lucidea Online Support and Training account, please email email@example.com and request a username/password.
If you’re interested in learning about how the latest release can help you be more productive and get more out of all Lucidea products, please contact them at 604-278-6717 or via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.